Ethics, an expression that has been widely acknowledged and esteemed in every phase of business is being overlooked in this complex, rapid & competitive environment. The term refers to a set of principles or standards that ensures guidance to the day-to-day business activities in accordance with the established corporate values.
We all agree these Ethical practices act as a priceless guide in composing a strong-successful & healthy business environment, but how do we as professional HRs and Recruiters ensure its practice within our portfolios & functions?
Staffing these days operate fast track and many of us fail to observe certain basic standards and resort to unethical practices, which could be legal though. This could be owing to the immense pressure from the business/hiring managers and recruiters tend to find quick fix solutions to meet the desired expectations
Its is important to know, respect and follow few basic guidelines
- Respect & understand the business requirements and value your customers (Hiring Managers, Candidates, employees or placement vendors)
- Ensure floating of a well drafted job advert with accurate job description including work location, travel possibilities etc
- Consider all job seekers equal irrespective of the job profile and avoid discriminations based on gender, age, origin, religious or political views.
- Ensure maintaining calmness in thick hiring drives; an impartial smile could help you handle the crowd better.
- Provide rational notice to candidates and interviewers on interview schedules & cancellations
- Respect job seeker limitations and concerns; value and address their queries genuinely.
- Operate on a Fair Competition principle
- Ensure proper job match is done prior inviting job seekers for personal discussions.
- Every human being has some capability or other. Respect what they posses, value their potential rather querying them on other aspects.
- Always communicate job offers in writing and explain on the opportunities available.
- And rely on relevant and job related information while making hiring decisions.
Let's ensure emphasizing and cultivating these ethical practices within ourselves and focus in building a healthy hiring environment.